When you’re using social media to drive more traffic to your website, there may come a point where you aren’t getting the results you need.
1. #Hashtags are going to become your best friend, if you use them wisely. Hashtags are by far the fastest and easiest way for people across many different backgrounds to notice you and your page. Create hashtags out of events or keywords that are a part of your blog content and people will find you through searching the hashtags.
2. Be Active and Involved: There are lots of different types of social media out there for you to use, and you should use them! Don’t just limit yourself to one channel — choose which you’ll be active on and use them all to your advantage. The more you utilize, the more you interact and engage with your audience, the better your chances of success will be.
3. Post Often but Don’t Spam: You should be keeping an active posting schedule on your social media pages, and be sure not to go silent for any long period. It’s always best to keep your brand fresh in people’s minds. The flip side of this, however, is to be careful to not post too much — otherwise your brand will become spam in your audience’s minds.
4. Don’t Be Afraid to Ask For Help: One of the best ways you can grow your social media following is by asking for help doing so from your audience. Ask your followers to retweet your tweets, which will then display your posts to their followers, thereby expanding your audience even further. Utilize social sharing tools on your website so that anyone can easily share your posts. Your audience is your best tool to use to grow your blog and your personal brand, and you shouldn’t be afraid to ask them for help.
5. Be Confident: Finally, the most useful tool you can have is confidence. Be sure that the content you’re creating is interesting and important, and show your audience that.